This content is only available in English / Ce contenu est disponible seulement en anglais
Business Country Desk Officer
BUSINESSMED, the Union of Mediterranean Confederations of Enterprises, is the main regional representative of the private sector reflecting the interests of 22 Business Confederations from the North / South shore of the Mediterranean.
Our activities are essentially aimed at supporting the development of the private sector in the Mediterranean Basin. As the main permanent structure dedicated to intergovernmental economic cooperation in the Mediterranean, BUSINESSMED aims to:
- Strengthen exchanges between the European Union and the Mediterranean countries;
- Improve technology transfer and know-how towards the countries of the South Shore of the Mediterranean;
- Increase the flow of foreign direct investment in the Euro-Mediterranean area;
- Implement a reference framework for investors;
- Create partnership opportunities between the various business communities in the region;
- Lobbying activities aimed at greater participation of the private sector in actions carried out by government authorities and the creation of a free trade area.
THE BUSINESS COUNTRY DESK
The Business Country Desk, BCD, is one of the key instruments implemented in the framework of the EBSOMED project (Project co-financed by the European Union). It is a platform, an online information service, designed to assist and stimulate trade and investment mainly in 10 Southern Mediterranean countries, as well as to initiate and develop North-South or South-South business partnerships between economic operators in the Mediterranean through the Regional Markets:
- Foreign Direct Investment - FDI
- Technology transfer
- Business Opportunities
- Trade and investment-oriented information
- Business Networking
In short, the platform:
- Provides access to reliable data shaping the business climate (Trade / Investment) of Southern Mediterranean countries
- Promote, foster and support synergies and networking and B2B opportunities
- Connects economic operators in the Euro-Mediterranean region, and initiates and develops North-South and/or South-South business partnerships
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
Reports to: General Director, International Project Coordinator, Digital Communication Coordinator
- Ensure a socio-economic, legal and regulatory monitoring of the countries targeted by the BCD (in particular those in the European / MENA region) as well as Central and Sub-Saharan African countries;
- Update the target countries' fact sheets: economic indicators, trade and investment regulations, business climate, infrastructure, support structures, priorities and key sectors, partner countries, etc.;
- Ensure the periodic updating of all content of the BCD platform (agenda, news, documentary resources, opportunities);
- Prospect new registrations on the platform / Update the contact databases of trade and investment actors in the target countries as well as the BCD platform directory / Mobilize participants in B2B events;
- Design surveys to analyse the socio-economic context of the target countries and the national priorities of the countries concerned;
- Carry out sectoral analysis for quarterly fact-sheets and reports;
- Support the dissemination of information to an audience of private and public sector professionals in the region;
- Provide an overview of the coherence and impact of the BCD platform / Propose new functionalities / Participate in the design of the content and structure of the platform.
Additional job responsibilitie
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCES
- Master's degree in Economics, International Relations, Management, or any other related field
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in international relations management and business development
- Excellent knowledge of the economic development model in the Euro-Mediterranean region
- A thorough understanding of the political, cultural and socio-economic context of the Euro-Mediterranean region
- Expertise in trade, investment and international growth strategies, in particular the Euro-Mediterranean region
- Knowledge of the development of institutional support systems for business organisations
- Strong writing skills in English and French (Min. level B2 CEFR)
- Excellent research and analytical skills, accuracy and coherence
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Organisational skills, initiative, rigour and flexibility
- Type of contract: CDD with a 3-month probatory period
- Salary: Commensurate with the experience and qualification of the candidate
- Job Location: Tunis
Deadline for the submission of the applications: 15 September 2020
Please send in a single document: Europass format CV in English or French with a recent photo and a cover letter (one page maximum) in English, specifying the reference "BMEDBCD2020" to the following address: email@example.com. The applications which do not comply with the above-mentioned standards will not be shortlisted for the first assessment.
Following a review of the applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted by e-mail and invited to an interview.
BUSINESSMED is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified candidates, regardless of gender and nationality, to apply.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.