Consultancy Services for an Expert in Skills Development & Vocational Training - BUSINESSMED's Employers Thematic Committees
EBSOMED is a 4-year project (2018-2022) co-financed at 80% by the European Union for a global amount of EUR 6, 25 million. It is co-financed and coordinated by BUSINESSMED (The Union of Mediterranean Confederations of Enterprises) in the framework of the EBSOMED consortium which consists of 6 members: GACIC (German-Arab Chamber of Commerce), ASCAME (Association of Mediterranean Chambers of Commerce), ANIMA Investment Network, EUROCHAMBRES (Association of European Chambers of Commerce), CAWTAR (Center of Arab Women for Training and Research).
EBSOMED has been designed to dedicate particular emphasis to reinforcing Business Support Organisations’ management capacity and efficiency through instruments, providing capacity building and training to improve the sophistication of Euro-Mediterranean Private Sector Organisations and help them address existing gaps.
EBSOMED aims at achieving a higher indirect economic leverage by helping BSOs to make a qualitative scaling up in regards to the services they offer to their beneficiaries, while pursuing this successful cross border cooperation dynamic.
Overall objective of the Thematic Committee
National skills development policies and systems strive to meet present and future labour market needs for skills and to improve productivity and competitiveness in the sectors which are critical for the achievement of national employment and development goals. This committee aims at improving vocational training development opportunities and boosting business productivity and competitiveness, which has a positive effect on economic growth and job creation.
The works of this commission will be an important tool to feed the European Commission on a regular basis on trends and updated country reports.
- Identification of the available pertinent structural indicators;
- Exploring work-based learning models and analyse the quality and efficiency of the vocational training systems in the target countries/ policy context and implications on VET;
- Analysis of their progress and perspectives;
- Analysis of best practices and new business models to be replicated;
- In-depth analysis of the Dual VET system; the Delegated Management Institutes;
- Developing a common PPP vision;
- State of play and recommendations of social Partnerships in VET Public-Private partnerships;
- Producing scenario and projections by 2030, bearing in mind national strategies ofthe target Countries;
- Make clear suggestions for the involved parties and the decision makers, to improve the trend and make it converge with the economies in the Region;
- Preparation of periodical surveys;
- Preparation of a regional factsheet;
- Preparation of a regional thematic paper.
The length of the mission will stretch over 29 months (August 2019+2020+2021) with an expected start in August 2019. The selected expert will be assigned to perform his mission for one year with possibility of renewal of the contract. The renewal of the contract will be the subject of an amendment signed by both parties. The appointed advisor will be expected to deliver through remote management (home-based).
*It will be expected from the expert to prepare his missions ahead of time, desk research including reviewing relevant documentation (Structural indicators, trends, scenario, surveys, thematic paper etc...) and agreeing on relevant meetings for reviewing state of progress.
- 2 Periodical Surveys;
- 1regional factsheet;
- 1 regional (EUROMED) thematic paper
- A PhD degree in social sciences or relevant fields, with extensive experience (6 years minimum) in the field of Technical Vocational Education and Training;
- Extensive experience in the thematic area to be covered, including the following: Technical and Vocational Education Systems and Governance; Vocational Training and Employment; Evaluation of Education Systems;
- Competence framework capable of identifying and articulating components of vocational activity to be matched with educational modules;
- Solid track record in undertaking national and regional levels surveys in the social sector, preferably education;
- Experience conducting tracer studies at the national and regional levels;
- Good analytical and quantitative capacity with experience in survey methodology;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French is required;
- An ability to design and elaborate prospective studies and scenarios;
- Ability to elaborate surveys, reports and policy papers;
- A track record in working with different countries fromthe EuroMed region is an advantage.
Submission of Proposals and Deadlines
Please send your completed application (CV + Cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org before
July 1st October 31st, 2019, stating “EBSOMED– vocational training TC” in the subject heading.