This content is only available in English / Ce contenu est disponible seulement en anglais
Financial & Account Officer (EU-Funded Project)
BUSINESSMED, the Union of Mediterranean Confederations of Enterprises, is the main regional representative of the private sector reflecting the interests of 22 Business Confederations from the North / South shore of the Mediterranean.
Our activities are essentially aimed at supporting the development of the private sector in the Mediterranean Basin. As the main permanent structure dedicated to intergovernmental economic cooperation in the Mediterranean, BUSINESSMED aims to:
- Strengthen exchanges between the European Union and the Mediterranean countries;
- Improve technology transfer and know-how towards the countries of the South Shore of the Mediterranean;
- Increase the flow of foreign direct investment in the Euro-Mediterranean area;
- Implement a reference framework for investors;
- Create partnership opportunities between the various business communities in the region;
- Lobbying activities aimed at greater participation of the private sector in actions carried out by government authorities and the creation of a free trade area.
Coordinating and supervising the accounting of the mission (accounting, treasury, audit procedures, etc.) according to the instructions of the Administrative and Financial Director, and in compliance with legal obligations and protocols in order to provide quality, reliable and transparent information to the organisation on the use and allocation of resources in the mission.
Reports to: General Director, Administrative and Financial Director
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Financial monitoring and reporting of the grants, ensuring compliance with the EU funded projects eligibility rules and Guide (PRAG);
- Prepare and submit financial reports and information related to projects’ implementation to the donor, the Joint Steering Committee of the projects;
- Check the reports and applications for payment submitted by the beneficiaries and define the compliance with the provisions of the Subsidy contract;
- Keep and archive all the documents related to the implementation of the project, as well as the documents related to financial monitoring according to the rules to ensure the accessibility for institutions and managers;
- Perform procurement procedures;
- Cooperate with the Financial Director and the project managers of the General Administration on financial project implementation issues and follow up;
- Provide information and consult applicants and beneficiaries when it comes to financial management, application, assessment, contracting, progress, implementation, reporting and payments;
- Update Financial info (incurred expenses and payments) declared to the European Commission into ad-hoc platforms and systems;
- In cooperation with the partners, prepare payment requests to the donor;
- Implementation of audit reports with the Auditor and the Financial Director;
- Other additional tasks as required by the General Director.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCES
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accountancy or equivalent field of study
- At least 3 years’ professional experience working in a similar environment
- Excellent working knowledge of accounting software’s and MS Office – Excel, SAGE
- A team player, accountable and able to work autonomously
- Well-organized, efficient and reliable
- Excellent knowledge of English and French (min B2 Level CEFR)
- Able to manage time and priorities’ tasks, within tight time constraints
- Hands-on attitude and willing to help flexibly if required
- Type of contract: CDD with a 3-month probatory period
- Salary: Commensurate with the experience and qualification of the candidate
- Job Location: Tunis
Deadline for the submission of the applications: 15 September 2020
Please send in a single document: Europass format CV in English or French with a recent photo and a cover letter (one page maximum) in English, specifying the reference "BMEDFINANCE2020" to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The applications which do not comply with the above-mentioned standards will not be shortlisted for the first assessment.
Following a review of the applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted by e-mail and invited to an interview.
BUSINESSMED is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified candidates, regardless of gender and nationality, to apply.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.