The INVESTMED project is looking for an Expert
This content is only available in English / Ce contenu est disponible seulement en anglais
Context and project
INVESTMED (Innovative Sustainable Start-Ups for the Mediterranean) is an EU-funded project, under the ENI-CBC Med Programme, to support the development of new, sustainable entrepreneurship and business initiatives in order to create new economic opportunities and jobs for young people and women.
- Overarching Objective - A Promote Economic and Social Development
- Thematic Objective - A.1 Business and SMEs development
- Priority - A.1.1: Support innovative start-up and recently established enterprises
- Project Budget: 3.818.482,25 €
- Duration: 30 Months
Purpose of the tenderer's mission
BUSINESSMED, Union of Mediterranean Confederations of Enterprises, the Lead Beneficiary of the INVESTMED project is looking for an Expert.
- Territorial analysis and outreach (involvement in the mapping at national and regional level on the entrepreneurship ecosystem and outreach activities (identification and engagement with target groups)
- Inputs and dissemination of surveys. Involvement in additional Q&A sessions and experts’ consultations
- Leading the surveying at national level and supporting online channels with the project partners
- Inputs in the design of the expertise workshops with the aim to define training curricula, share and capitalize on best practices
- Involvement in the development and organisation of trainings (inputs in collaboration with the project partners)
- Involvement in the Local Technical Assistance LTA to support sub-granted projects at national and regional level
- Participation in the working groups of the project (Technical Working Group, subgroups 1 & 2, Operational Working Group) and other project meetings
- Inputs on the mapping of the capacity building at national and regional level on Intellectual Property Rights IPR for public authorities and entrepreneurs
- Inputs in the mapping of legal frameworks and inputs for the guidebook to be elaborated with different partners
- Inputs on national policies/strategies on the Entrepreneurial Ecosystem in different sectors mainly Green Economy, Blue Economy, Cultural and Creative Sector, Digital Sector
- Inputs on the institutions/stakeholders involved in the target sectors and mapping of the sectors at national level
- Inputs on financial programmes to support startups and young entrepreneurs
- Inputs on recent initiatives and updates on the sectors at national level
- Inputs on private sector/public authorities initiative to develop and support the target sectors and young entrepreneurs at national and regional level
- Inputs on the IPR regulations at national level and mapping of the Tunisian Legal framework and incentives
- Consultation on discussion papers provided by the coordination team
Qualifications of the Expert
- A PhD degree in social sciences or relevant fields, with extensive experience (5 years minimum) in supporting entrepreneurship and business initiatives in different sectors mainly Green Economy, Blue Economy, Cultural and Creative Sector, Digital Sector
- Extensive experience in the thematic area to be covered, including the following: Technical and Vocational Education Systems and Governance; Employment; Evaluation of Education Systems, entrepreneurship, IPR Protection, etc.
- Solid track record in undertaking national and regional levels of mapping with experience conducting studies at the national and regional levels
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
- An ability to design and elaborate prospective studies and scenarios; ability to elaborate surveys, reports and policy papers
- A previous experience in working on EU-funded projects
- A track record in working with different countries from the EuroMed region is an advantage
The length of the missions will stretch over 12 months. The experts will be assigned to perform their missions for one year with possibility of renewal of the contract. The renewal of the contract will be the subject of an amendment signed by both parties.
The appointed advisors will be expected to deliver through remote management (home-based) with physical meetings if the situation allows it.
It is expected from the experts to prepare their mission ahead of time, desk research including reviewing relevant documentation (Structural indicators, trends, surveys, thematic paper on the target sectors and entrepreneurial ecosystem in the target countries of the project.).
Please send your completed application (CV + Cover letter) to email@example.com before March, 20th stating “BUSINESSMED Expert – INVESTMED Project” in the subject heading.