Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Officer
BUSINESSMED, the Union of Mediterranean Confederations of Enterprises, is the main regional representative of the private sector reflecting the interests of 22 Business Confederations from the North / South shore of the Mediterranean.
Our activities are essentially aimed at supporting the development of the private sector in the Mediterranean Basin. As the main permanent structure dedicated to intergovernmental economic cooperation in the Mediterranean, BUSINESSMED aims to:
- Strengthen exchanges between the European Union and the Mediterranean countries;
- Improve technology transfer and know-how towards the countries of the South Shore of the Mediterranean;
- Increase the flow of foreign direct investment in the Euro-Mediterranean area;
- Implement a reference framework for investors;
- Create partnership opportunities between the various business communities in the region;
- Lobbying activities aimed at greater participation of the private sector in actions carried out by government authorities and the creation of a free trade area.
Ensure implementation of the M&E plan within the framework of EU projects including monitoring progress against the logical framework, the planned activities, critical milestones and targets as well as providing support and guidance to the projects’ team and to ensure that the data collection, data management and reporting, are of the highest possible quality.
Reports to: General Director, International Project Manager, Project Coordinator
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- MONITORING SYSTEM - Coordinate Data Collection, Data Quality Management, Analysis and State Level Reporting
- Participate in the design of project monitoring and evaluation tools (monitoring guide, registers, reporting templates, data bases, etc.) to track the state of progress of indicators set for the projects;
- In collaboration with relevant staff, ensure timely data collection, compilation and reporting according to the project and the developed M&E plan;
- Conduct monthly data analysis and prepare monthly project monitoring reports;
- Ensure the project database is updated regularly;
- Support the Coordinator to implement the DQA system including the conduct of data quality assessments according to the M&E plan;
- Conduct data collection and analysis in accordance with the project M&E plan, including use of various monitoring tools, such as surveys, focus group discussions, interviews, and pre- and post-training questionnaires;
- Support the Coordinator in data management for rapid assessments, situational analysis, risk assessment and mitigation measures, surveys, evaluations and other research as required;
- Plan, forecast and facilitate the production and supply of M&E tools and materials to supported sites.
- SUPPORT PROGRAMME SUPERVISION, MONITORING AND EVALUATION
- Support the Coordinator to monitor projects across all target communities and communicate findings and progress to Program Managers;
- Support the dissemination and use of evaluation and research reports and propose changes for improvement.
- SUPPORT DOCUMENTATION, REPORTING, KNOWLEDGE SHARING AND EFFECTIVE FEEDBACK MECHANISM
- Support coordination of projects monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual reviews and reports as required;
- Participate in dissemination of program information to stakeholders, target groups and beneficiaries through a regular feedback mechanism;
- Support the management of the beneficiary complaints and feedback mechanism database;
- Update shared drive and project team space with program monitoring documents regularly.
- ORGANIZATIONAL LEARNING
- Support the project staff on implementation of key activities, such as trainings and workshops to ensure integration of past lessons learned;
- Contribute to data analysis and development of new lessons learned and best practices;
- Promote a culture of learning within the teams and actively share lessons learned.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCES
- A Master’s Degree A Master’s degree or equivalent experience in development, social science, or other relevant fields
- +3 years previous experience in conducting monitoring and evaluation missions within EU or other donors-funded project and with international NGOs
- Experience in developing and using monitoring tools for data collection
- Previous experience with Trade and Investment Issues, Access to finance, regional cooperation, women empowerment (Europe – MENA)
- Proficiency in the use of MS Excel or other statistical package
- Advanced knowledge of the logical framework approach
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyze complex sets of relationships and situations, stakeholders’ engagement, risks and mitigations measures, assumptions
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Excellent command of English and French. Additional languages will be an asset
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Type of contract: CDD with a 3-month probatory period
- Salary: Commensurate with the experience and qualification of the candidate
- Job Location: Tunis
Deadline for the submission of the applications: 30 October 2020
Please send in a single document: Europass format CV in English or French with a recent photo and a cover letter (one page maximum) in English, specifying the reference "BMEDMEAL2020" to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The applications which do not comply with the above-mentioned standards will not be shortlisted for the first assessment.
Following a review of the applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted by e-mail and invited to an interview.
BUSINESSMED is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified candidates, regardless of gender and nationality, to apply.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.