This content is only available in English / Ce contenu est disponible seulement en anglais
Outreach and Event Officer
BUSINESSMED, the Union of Mediterranean Confederations of Enterprises, is the main regional representative of the private sector reflecting the interests of 22 Business Confederations from the North / South shore of the Mediterranean.
Our activities are essentially aimed at supporting the development of the private sector in the Mediterranean Basin. As the main permanent structure dedicated to intergovernmental economic cooperation in the Mediterranean, BUSINESSMED aims to:
- Strengthen exchanges between the European Union and the Mediterranean countries;
- Improve technology transfer and know-how towards the countries of the South Shore of the Mediterranean;
- Increase the flow of foreign direct investment in the Euro-Mediterranean area;
- Implement a reference framework for investors;
- Create partnership opportunities between the various business communities in the region;
- Lobbying activities aimed at greater participation of the private sector in actions carried out by government authorities and the creation of a free trade area.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
Reports to: General Director, Project Coordinator, Communication Manager
- Administer all community-based education, outreach programs, and develop professional relationships with all facility members;
- Research and dissemination stakeholder engagement including mapping exercises;
- Monitor and analyse various service requests and provide outreach activities;
- Be responsible for the organisational and logistical aspects of awareness and business events in Tunisia and liaising with participants. also ensure appropriate visibility levels of events in both Tunisia and the Southern Neighbourhood;
- Prepare the ground for community building by targeted outreach and stakeholders engagement campaigns;
- Maintain and ensure accuracy in all database and files and update same as per requirement and coordinate for various meetings and activities;
- Facilitate project activities, such as workshops, trainings, multi-stakeholder meetings, (online, face-to-face, and blended), briefings, and publications;
- Lead the local outreach actions;
- Prepare outreach presentations and provide assistance to trainings, events and activities within the framework of EU projects;
- Support and follow-up with sub grantee projects on regular bases;
- Assist and coordinate with various departments and supporting project teams.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCES
- Level of studies: Bachelor's degree and higher, in project Management, stakeholder marketing or research analysis
- At least 3 years of professional experience in outreach and/or in a relevant position in non-profit sector
- Leadership, proactivity, good analytical and synthesis skills and flexibility
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English and French .Arabic would be an asset
- Preferred experience working with EU funded projects
- Experience at the international level in cultural and creative sector would be a serious asset
- Planning and prioritising tasks deliverable millstones
- Able to work independently as in team with a developed sense of responsibility and initiative
- Type of contract: CDD with a 3-month probatory period
- Salary: Commensurate with the experience and qualification of the candidate
- Job Location: Tunis
Deadline for the submission of the applications: 30 October 2020
Please send in a single document: Europass format CV in English or French with a recent photo and a cover letter (one page maximum) in English, specifying the reference "BMEDEVENT2020" to the following address: email@example.com. The applications which do not comply with the above-mentioned standards will not be shortlisted for the first assessment.
Following a review of the applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted by e-mail and invited to an interview.
BUSINESSMED is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified candidates, regardless of gender and nationality, to apply.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.