Project Officer (Economic Development)
BUSINESSMED, the Union of Mediterranean Confederations of Enterprises, is the main regional representative of the private sector reflecting the interests of 22 Business Confederations from the North / South shore of the Mediterranean.
Our activities are essentially aimed at supporting the development of the private sector in the Mediterranean Basin. As the main permanent structure dedicated to intergovernmental economic cooperation in the Mediterranean, BUSINESSMED aims to:
- Strengthen exchanges between the European Union and the Mediterranean countries;
- Improve technology transfer and know-how towards the countries of the South Shore of the Mediterranean;
- Increase the flow of foreign direct investment in the Euro-Mediterranean area;
- Implement a reference framework for investors;
- Create partnership opportunities between the various business communities in the region;
- Lobbying activities aimed at greater participation of the private sector in actions carried out by government authorities and the creation of a free trade area.
Ensure the analysis of economic trends in Europe and the MENA region and follow-up on a technical level with regional projects and programs, including the update of stakeholders’ database and the support on logistics arrangements for projects and programs’ activities.
Reports to: General Director, International Project Manager, Project Coordinator
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- POLICY ANALYSIS - Sector analysis, economic development
- Contributes to sector analysis in the Euro-Mediterranean countries;
- Analyses developments in the partner countries in the areas of responsibility by following up news, policy developments, supporting in conferences and meetings with different partners and stakeholders;
- Supporting in drafting speeches, presentations and key-notes;
- Develops and maintains a consistent view on priorities in the field of economic and SMEs development.
- PROGRAM / PROCESS / PROJECT MANAGEMENT - Project cycle management support
- Contributes to the programming, identification and appraisal of cooperation programmes and projects in close cooperation with the project team department;
- Contributes to the identification of new funding opportunities (grants, tenders, Technical Assistance facilities) from different international donors;
- Monitors ongoing projects, elaborates minutes on projects and processes written inputs and background documents. This will include the preparation of reports and the support in the internal and external project reports;
- Assists with all aspects grants and tenders process (drafting project proposals, terms of Reference, etc.);
- Supports in the elaboration of statistics, data on the implementation of project-related activities;
- Maintains and updates databases of SMEs, Business Organisations and Institutions of targeted countries;
- Archives administrative and narrative documents resulting from EU-projects activities;
- Contributes to track project timelines, milestones and deliverables.
- EVENTS AND LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT - Operational management of meetings and events
Contributes to the conceptualization and qualitative execution of each event;
Maintain and update a calendar of events schedule;
Ensure effective event planning and preparation including drafting of events plans and check lists;
Act as the main focal point for the venue and event services, including booking venues, set-up, and other event related requirements;
Plan and prepare for all logistical arrangements including the drafting of logistical briefing notes for participants - including maps of the venue and contact numbers;
Act as focal point for questions received from participants regarding the event;
Review and provide quality assurance for any translated materials.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCES
- At least a master degree in relevant disciplines (e.g., economics, international development regional development, business and strategic management)
- At least 3 years’ experience in project management in international organisations
- Extensive knowledge of EU funding programmes and UN funds
- Proven experience in European projects management
- Fluency in English and French. Additional languages will be an asset
- Excellent computer skills, especially a very good command of MS Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Fully independent in report writing and excellent drafting skills
- Demonstrated ability in supporting multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Prioritising and Organising
- Strong organization and time management skills, ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks effectively and respect deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good capability of converting ideas into practical results
- Type of contract: CDD with a 3-month probatory period
- Salary: Commensurate with the experience and qualification of the candidate
- Job Location: Tunis
Deadline for the submission of the applications: 30 October 2020
Please send in a single document: Europass format CV in English or French with a recent photo and a cover letter (one page maximum) in English, specifying the reference "BMEDPRO2020" to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The applications which do not comply with the above-mentioned standards will not be shortlisted for the first assessment.
Following a review of the applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted by e-mail and invited to an interview.
BUSINESSMED is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified candidates, regardless of gender and nationality, to apply.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.