This content is only available in English / Ce contenu est disponible seulement en anglais
Project Manager (Social & Legal Affairs)
BUSINESSMED, the Union of Mediterranean Confederations of Enterprises, is the main regional representative of the private sector reflecting the interests of 22 Business Confederations from the North / South shore of the Mediterranean.
Our activities are essentially aimed at supporting the development of the private sector in the Mediterranean Basin. As the main permanent structure dedicated to intergovernmental economic cooperation in the Mediterranean, BUSINESSMED aims to:
- Strengthen exchanges between the European Union and the Mediterranean countries;
- Improve technology transfer and know-how towards the countries of the South Shore of the Mediterranean;
- Increase the flow of foreign direct investment in the Euro-Mediterranean area;
- Implement a reference framework for investors;
- Create partnership opportunities between the various business communities in the region;
- Lobbying activities aimed at greater participation of the private sector in actions carried out by government authorities and the creation of a free trade area.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
Reports to: General Director, International Project Manager, Project Coordinator
- POLICY ANALYSIS - Sector analysis, economic development
- Contributes to sector analysis and assessment of the economic growth and social progress at National and Regional level;
- Provide regular analysis of the mediation efforts especially in the social affairs and mechanisms related to collective bargaining of social partners in the target countries;
- Analyses developments in the partner countries and employers organisations in the areas social and societal issues that shall include but be limited to social dialogue, informal economy, social and solidarity economy, decent jobs and job creation, social protection, migrations, technical and vocational education by following up news, policy developments, supporting in conferences and meetings in the Euromed region with different partners and stakeholders;
- Assess the strategical and technical priorities of the Social Dialogue for the short, medium and long-term for Employers’ Federations, relevant bodies and other allies;
- Supporting in drafting speeches, presentations and key-notes.
- PROGRAM / PROCESS / PROJECT MANAGEMENT - SOCIAL AND CIVIC ISSUES
- Contribute to ensure effective implementation of the project through timely provision of inputs, efficient delivery of outputs, and planning, control, monitoring and evaluation of the project activities, in conformity with BUSINESSMED policies;
- Contribute in the organization of meetings and training workshops, and develop knowledge sharing tools designed to forge partnerships, share good practices with Employers’, Trade Unions, Civil Society Organisations and Local Authorities of Europe and the Southern Neighbourhood;
- Prepare work plans, technical and financial progress reports, good practice documentation as well as other technical documents and knowledge products in close consultations with the project team;
- Support the identification and preparation of contract agreements with consultants, experts or any contractors as needed for the projects;
- Participate in the definition of activity planning and validation tools and ensure their execution, respecting the deadlines, and taking into account the defined indicators and procedures;
- Develop and update methodological guidelines, action plans as well as background notes on mediation and social dialogue-related topic. This will include the preparation of reports and the support in the internal and external project reports;
- Monitors ongoing projects, elaborates minutes on projects and processes written inputs and background documents;
- Supports in the elaboration of statistics, data on the implementation of project-related activities in collaboration with the project team and the MEAL officer;
- Archives administrative and narrative documents resulting from EU-projects activities;
- Contribute to the active involvement of social partners in different consultation processes on economic and social affairs;
- Establish and maintain relationships with the concerned governments, employers' and workers' organizations, non-governmental organizations, the target groups and other stakeholders, in the planning and implementation of activities under the project.
- EVENTS AND LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT - Operational management of meetings and events
Support the administrative and logistical arrangements for the implementation of project activities;
Contributes to the conceptualization and qualitative execution of each event;
Maintain and update a calendar of events schedule;
Ensure effective event planning and preparation including drafting of events plans and check lists;
Act as the main focal point for the venue and event services, including booking venues, set-up, and other event related requirements;
Plan and prepare for all logistical arrangements including the drafting of logistical briefing notes for participants - including maps of the venue and contact numbers;
Act as focal point for questions received from participants regarding the event;
Review and provide quality assurance for any translated materials.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCES
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in political science, law, international relations or related fields; specific trainings on mediation and dialogue facilitation would be an asset
- At least 3 years of advisory experience and track record of engaging on topics related to Social Dialogue, national reconciliation, conflict resolution etc.
- At least 3 years’ experience in project management in international organisations
- Proven intellectual and practical capacity to understand and interpret national and local development and political issues, particularly in recovery situation/post crisis settings
- Demonstrated skills and experience to work with a variety of stakeholders and partners including employers’ organizations, workers’ organizations, civil society organisations government agencies, and donor agencies
- Extensive knowledge of EU funding projects
- Proven experience in European projects management
- Ethics and Values: Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity
- Effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds
- Fluency in Arabic, English and French (both oral and written) is required
- Ability to manage the flow of information and adhere to deadlines and commitments
- Excellent computer skills, especially a very good command of MS Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Fully independent in report writing and excellent drafting skills
- Demonstrated ability in supporting multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Prioritising and Organising
- Strong organization and time management skills, ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks effectively and respect deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good capability of converting ideas into practical results
- Positive and constructive attitude
- Type of contract: CDD with a 3-month probatory period
- Salary: Commensurate with the experience and qualification of the candidate
- Job Location: Tunis
Deadline for the submission of the applications: 30 October 2020
Please send in a single document: Europass format CV in English or French with a recent photo and a cover letter (one page maximum) in English, specifying the reference "BMEDPROSOC2020" to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The applications which do not comply with the above-mentioned standards will not be shortlisted for the first assessment.
Following a review of the applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted by e-mail and invited to an interview.
BUSINESSMED is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified candidates, regardless of gender and nationality, to apply.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.