This content is only available in English / Ce contenu est disponible seulement en anglais
BUSINESSMED, the Union of Mediterranean Confederations of Enterprises, is the main regional representative of the private sector reflecting the interests of 22 Business Confederations from the North / South shore of the Mediterranean.
Our activities are essentially aimed at supporting the development of the private sector in the Mediterranean Basin. As the main permanent structure dedicated to intergovernmental economic cooperation in the Mediterranean, BUSINESSMED aims to:
- Strengthen exchanges between the European Union and the Mediterranean countries;
- Improve technology transfer and know-how towards the countries of the South Shore of the Mediterranean;
- Increase the flow of foreign direct investment in the Euro-Mediterranean area;
- Implement a reference framework for investors;
- Create partnership opportunities between the various business communities in the region;
- Lobbying activities aimed at greater participation of the private sector in actions carried out by government authorities and the creation of a free trade area.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
Reports to: General Director, Communication Manager
- Reread and optimize the web content already existing on the site;
- Write SEO optimized articles in both Arabic and English with French as an asset;
- Produce content for the different communication supports in both Arabic and English (website, brochure, report, presentation...);
- Search for information, news and articles on the projects on which the organization is working and conduct a competitive intelligence;
- Translation between English and Arabic (French would be an asset);
- Write sample emails and meeting minutes;
- Assistance in project implementation and call writing;
- Contributing with the communication team to the elaboration and proofreading of activity reports and brochures;
- Contribute to the writing and proofreading of reports to be submitted to donors, members;
- Assist and coordinate with various departments and supporting project teams;
- Perform any other related duties, as agreed with the Communication Manager.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCES
- Level of studies: Bachelor's degree and higher, in journalism or communication
- At least 2 years of professional experience in web editing and/or in a relevant position in non-profit sector
- Excellent writing (grammar, spelling, style...) and communication skills in English and Arabic .French would be an asset
- Ability to synthesize and develop articles from several sources
- Be able to create and write unique, creative content adapted to the standards of digital marketing
- Preferred experience working with EU funded projects
- Able to work independently as in team with a developed sense of responsibility and initiative
- Be Proactive, able to work to tight deadlines, flexible and have good analytical and synthesis skills
- be able to multitask and prioritise work schedules
- be able to simplify and synthesize technical documents into an easy-to-understand articles
- be thorough and precise in their work with a good attention to detail
- Professional experience in copywriting and copy-editing would be a serious asset
- Type of contract: CDD with a 3-month probatory period
- Salary: Commensurate with the experience and qualification of the candidate
- Job Location: Tunis
Deadline for the submission of the applications: 15 September 2020
Please send in a single document: Europass format CV in English or French with a recent photo and a cover letter (one page maximum) in English, specifying the reference "BMEDEDITOR2020" to the following address: email@example.com. The applications which do not comply with the above-mentioned standards will not be shortlisted for the first assessment.
Following a review of the applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted by e-mail and invited to an interview.
BUSINESSMED is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified candidates, regardless of gender and nationality, to apply.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.